An easy-to-use mechanism for connecting and using your older Wacom tablet with newer Mac OS versions. Connecting my tablet does exactly that.
It connects your Wacom tablet to your Mac and recovers at least its critical functionality to use Photoshop and other programs in Monterey, Big Sur, Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, and El Capitan.
All previous functionality, including the Wacom preference window, will be restored for many models and Mac OS versions.
Using ‘Connect my tablet’, you can alter the most crucial pen and tablet settings. Tablet buttons can be configured for Intuos3 users that use ‘Connect My Tablet’.
Also available on the App Store for Bamboo CTH customers is a free utility that allows them to adjust the tablet button settings. That leaves only a few tablets where the pen and most important functionalities have been restored, but tablet buttons cannot yet be programmed.
It’s also no longer possible to use Wacom’s Utility software on the current Mac OS versions. Preferences backups were the primary application of this feature. You have to read the guide carefully to know how do you connect your Wacom tablet to your mac.
How Can I Connect My Wacom Tablet To My Mac?
Excited to know how do you connect your Wacom tablet to your Mac? Okay, let’s have a look below.
When you’ve installed the Wacom Tablet driver, disconnect the USB cable before moving on to the rest of the installation procedure.
Wacom Intuos Pro S
On the Intuos Pro tablet, you have to press the Home Button once – the blue LED will begin to flash.
Bluetooth settings may be found by going to System Preferences > Bluetooth. Select “IntuosPro S” from the list of available devices.
Make sure that you press “Pair.” Afterward, press the Home button on the Intuos Pro tablet a second time to confirm the connection.
Wacom Intuos Pro M and L
Pushing the power button on your tablet is the first step towards enabling the device. Once you press the Home Button on the Intuos Pro tablet, the tablet’s blue LED begins to blink.
Mac OS X’s system preferences must be opened and Bluetooth settings must be accessed. BT Intuos Pro must be selected from the list of devices.
You can select “Pair” from the drop-down menu. On your tablet, Intuos Pro, press the Home button once more after you’ve connected.
You May Like Best OSU Tablet – Best For Graphics Drawing
How Can I Solve The Trouble Shooting When Connecting My Wacom Tablet To My Mac?
It’s possible to run into complications while utilizing a pen display with your operating system.
Take your time and go over each solution one by one until you’ve figured out what’s wrong. Also, check out the pages on basic problems, pen and touch, and wi-fi connection.
Mac: On Startup
- The USB cable should be linked to an active USB port on your computer or USB hub. Make sure the tablet’s status LED is lit up before proceeding. It is important to check if the USB hub is connected and operational if you are using a USB tablet.
- You need to start the System Profiler from the Go menu by selecting Utilities. Select USB from the Hardware section of the contents list. There should be a model of Wacom USB tablet included. Make sure that the USB tablet cable is connected properly or try plugging the tablet into a different USB port.
- Uninstall and reinstall the tablet driver if you are still experiencing issues.
Mac: If Ink Does Not Work Correctly With The Pen Tablet
- There may be a problem with the Ink settings. Remove the preference files as follows; they will be re-created if you activate handwriting recognition.
- Then, you have to choose Show All in System Preferences and pick Ink.
- Handwriting recognition should be disabled.
- You can access your Home by clicking on the Go menu. Open the Library and Preferences directories. Removing the following options.
- Then, return to System Preferences and Ink to turn on handwriting recognition.
- The Ink function can be tested using a pen tablet and a pen.
- Please contact Apple Support if this technique does not address your problem. A third-party software application can’t use Wacom’s Ink because Wacom doesn’t make Ink.
Mac: Settings Related Issues
- Changing your preferences and backing them up to your Mac or the cloud is easy with the Wacom Desktop Center Backup and Restore Utility.
- The Wacom Tablet Properties Tablet Preferences Utility is another option for backing up and restoring your Mac’s preferences and configurations.
- You need to connect the Intuos to your Mac, and when all should be working, but the Wacom Desktop Center program does not recognize it, follow these steps. To use the Wacom Desktop Center, you must first open the software on your computer. Right-click the “Support” menu and pick “Driver Check” from the drop-down menu. It’s then possible to press “start” and “restart driver” if no problems are found. If this doesn’t work, you may also try the “Reset settings” option.
When connected through USB, my new Wacom Intuos works well. Using Bluetooth, I can see that it is connected to my MacBook Pro.
As a Mac Air comes in a variety of models, your information may be more precise. In contrast, a new or recently released Mac Air may include two Thunderbolt 3 ports (USB-C). For one Wacom device, you may get an Apple USB-C to USB A adapter.
Both USB-C ports can be used for two Wacom devices if an adapter is plugged into either USB-C port. The Mac Air has Bluetooth, so you can connect Wacom Bluetooth-enabled devices to your Mac Air.
Connecting Mac is an expert system built on years of expertise connecting older Wacom tablets, which are no longer supported to Macs. In the event that things don’t go according to plan, considerable troubleshooting is available to help you get back on track.
Mac OS X, Windows, and Android are all supported by the current generation of Intuos tablets. The current driver is compatible with Mac OS 10.12 or later.
What kind of Mac and OS version is it running? You didn’t give any clues. Your Mac may be able to support an upgrade to mac OS Sierra if it is older than that.
Connecting your Mac will save your money, allow you to work with your tablet, save waste, and make working from home more productive in these difficult times.
We’ve revised the instructions again, but most importantly, we’ve enabled connect my tablet for the upcoming Mac OS. I hope you would be able to know how do you connect your Wacom tablet to your mac by reading this guide.