Looking for the best tablet for note-taking? Well, you’re in the right place. Here, we’ve reviewed the top 10 best note-taking tablets along with a proper buying guide to make your purchase more accurate.
The best note-taking tablets have replaced notebooks and offer you several stunning features to fulfill your daily needs. The remarkable features of tablets include a full touchscreen, smart styluses, and wireless keyboards.
Tablets are the best option for working people who are always busy in their office work with a pen in their hands and cannot handle the notepads and paper everywhere.
The advanced note-taking tablets have come with built-in security features such as face recognition and fingerprint sensors to prevent unwanted access to your device. The tablets also come with a variety of operating systems, including macOS, Android, and Windows.
There is a wide range of tablets for note-taking in the market, and every tablet has different features and specifications from another tablet. Here we have listed our ten top picks with a wide range of tablets available in the market to help you choose the right one.
Top 10 Best Tablets For Note Taking in 2022
01. Microsoft Surface Go – Best Windows Tablet With Stylus
|Specifications of Microsoft Surface Go
|Intel Pentium Gold 4415Y
If you are looking for a note-taking tablet with an excellent pen, memory, connectivity options, and other stunning features, then meet with Microsoft Surface Pro, one of the best note-taking tablets for your classes and other purposes, which run on Windows 10 Home.
Besides, Microsoft Surface Go is more likely an ultra-slim tablet laptop for writers and has come with stunning features and specifications. The elegant surface design, size, and accessories offer you to experience the best quality tablet for note-taking.
The 10-inches touch screen lets you use all your fingers to zoom in and out, draw anything on the screen, type, swipe without any input recognition issues.
Features to Look:
- Three different modes of use, such as a tablet laptop with a keyboard, tablet mode, and studio mode with Surface Slim Pen Support, help you to set it according to your comfort.
- With the best data connectivity options of both Wi-Fi and LTE cellular data connection, you can easily access any websites, cloud storage, and WebPages even if Wi-Fi is not available.
- Enjoy the versatile, adjustable, and ultra-portable design of the Microsoft Surface Go tablet for note-taking, which offers you to do all your daily tasks and to give you the best performance with a stunning touch screen, and Windows.
- The studio mode allows you to adjust it into a natural, perfectly tilted angle so that you can easily use it for writing as well as drawing purposes.
- Microsoft Surface Go tablet is powered by the Intel Pentium Gold processor, which gives you an ultra-fast processing speed, allows ultra-fast app loading time, and opens any website in less time.
- 16GB RAM and 128GB of storage will enable you to store a large number of data without any tension that your system may run out of space.
02. Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 – Best Tablet For Taking Handwritten Notes
|Specifications of Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
|Android V 9
Why do you buy a separate wireless keyboard or smart stylus? Buy Samsung Galaxy Tab S6, which has come in new packaging with both manual and the advanced S pen having transparent note-taking, gesture control, and support up to 4,096 points of pressure sensitivity.
You will enjoy a PC-like experience with its DeX mode.
Moreover, This S6 tablet for note-taking no is powered by a speedy Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor and has storage of 128GB to 256GB, which is also supported by a microSD card up to ITB.
There are a lot of factors that make this handwritten note-taking table unique from its competitors. There are many more features, and if you want to buy the best Android tablet for note-taking, then invest properly to get the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6.
Features to Look:
- The 10.5-inches super neat AMOLED screen has 112% DCI-P3 coverage, perfect color accuracy, an adaptive display with 80% RGB, and flicker-free technology giving you the best viewing experience. Bright colors are whiter and give you true-to-life image and video quality.
- This stylus tablet for note-taking has a minimalistic design having very smooth corners. With the thin stylus S pen, you can edit and create any design of your choice with ease. The air action gestures give you the best experience of Samsung’s previous models.
- With the best connectivity options with both Wi-Fi and LTE, you can easily access webpages, cloud-based storage, and websites even if your home network is not present. Moreover, with the new feature of Game Booster, you can easily play any high-power game.
- The best feature of this note-taking tablet is that it has a fingerprint scanner for security and for safely signing into your device and apps. Another stunning feature is its Bixby voice that controls built-in for hands-free control of your device.
- 15-hours of extended battery life allows you to do all your tasks without any tension of charge. The bezel design is small enough and gives you an immersive experience, especially at night.
03. Lenovo Tab M10 – Best Budget Tablet For Note Taking And Drawing
|Specifications of Lenovo Tab M10
|Qualcomm Snapdragon 429, quad-core 2.0Gz
|Android 9 Pie
Are you looking for a tablet at an affordable price and for a whole family? If yes, choose Lenovo Tab M10, one of the most popular tablets for note-taking and specially made for the entire family.
Lenovo Tab M10 Tablet, which has come with new and amazing features than the older models.
M10 has come with the best entertainment specifications and features. This cheap note-taking tablet is made from full metal, which is very smooth and elegant.
Moreover, it is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 429, quad-core 2.0Gz processor, which gives you fast processing speed, and you can run any app on it with minimum loading time.
Features to Look:
- 10.1-inches Full HD IPS screen delivers crystal clear image quality and visuals. The Screen-to-display ratio of 90% results in immersive color accuracy and gives you a full HD family entertainment tablet.
- The two-sided speakers that are finely tuned with Dolby Atmos deliver cinema-like audio and make everything best from music and games, and you will feel out of this world. You can easily listen to online meetings without disturbing others.
- In addition, the kids’ mode helps your child to enjoy more fun and child-safe content. You can easily manage what your child views and for how long. It also keeps you alert if your children are not sitting correctly. Another best feature is built-in eye-care protection technology to help your child reduce the risk of eyestrain.
- Lenovo Tab M10 is powered by a Snapdragon quad-core processor, which offers you to run any software without any restriction. The expanded memory options like microSD cards up to 256GB allow you to store a large number of data, and your device will never run out of space.
- The new face recognition technology in this best android note-taking tablet offers you to unlock your device in a flash. With the help of a smile, you can easily open your note-taking apps and log straight in. This feature makes your device more secure.
04. Apple iPad Mini – Best iPad For Note Taking
|Specifications of Apple iPad Mini
|7.9 inches Retina Display
|Apple A8 64-bit SoC with M8 Coprocessor
Choose one of the best tablets for note-taking, traveling, having long-lasting battery life, and other built-in functions. Ideal for small businesses and working.
Apple iPad Mini is the latest Apple device that is the best tool for any work such as drawing, note-taking, creativity, sketching, and many more.
Moreover, this note-taking device has come with a new edge-to-edge Retina display that is paired with the Bionic chip, which makes it one of the best tablets with a stylus for note-taking in the market.
The Retina Display allows you to utilize all the multi-touch gestures of IOS 11. The Apple iPad Mini is the best option for you if you want a high-performance tablet at an affordable price.
Features to Look:
- The new A8 chips are more efficient technology and enable your iPad mini to deliver detailed graphics and visuals. The M8 coprocessor measures the motion of the Apple iPad with a compass, barometer, and accelerometer.
- The Apple SIM gives you a variety of connectivity options and mobile data plans. You can easily download any file when you are away from a Wi-Fi network. Also, create the best Hotspot for your mobile and offers you to share your mobile data with other devices.
- A measured 7.9-inches Retina display having resolutions of 2048 x 1536 pixels give you the best viewing experience and crystal clear visuals. The built-in speakers deliver high-quality sound, and you will enjoy cinema-like music at home.
- 128GB storage, 6.1mm thickness, and 0.67lbs weight make this best tablet for note-taking more portable, and you can easily carry it in your hand. Space gray finishing, thin and light design makes it more attractive and elegant.
- With the fast processing speed, you can run the most powerful note-taking apps, and it delivers stunning colors and essential reading features in any light.
05. Lenovo Yoga Book – Best Tablet For Note Taking And Drawing
|Specifications of Lenovo Yoga Book
|10.1-inches Full HD
|Intel Atom x5-Z8550
|64GB to 128GB
|Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Just have a look at the Lenovo Yoga Book, which has come with a combination of stunning features and elegant design for your easy note-taking. Get amazing features that you have never seen before with Yoga Book.
Thin, lightweight, and exceptionally well built-in Android tablets for note-taking or drawing that run the Android OS will help the Intel Atom CPU run more applications with fast speed.
If you want a tablet for your all-in-one solution for college and other work purposes, then Lenovo Yoga Book is the best option for you.
However, when this tablet was launched, it was a combination of suspicion and conspiracy, but now it is one of the most popular tablets in the market.
Features to Look:
- The 360 hinge offers four modes, such as Create mode, browse mode, watch style, and type mode helps you choose one from them according to your need and comfort.
- 10.1-inches Full HD IPS display having a resolution of 1920 x 1200 pixels delivers a magical number of 16.7 million colors. The crystal bright touchscreen gives you the best quality image, and with the help of built-in speakers, you will experience the cinema-like immersive sound.
- Replace your notebook with Lenovo Yoga Book because this affordable note-taking tablet digitalizes your notes with the help of a Real Pen stylus. The Halo keyboard has transformed your device into your laptop and appears only when needed.
- Moreover, the Yoga book has up-to-date firmware, which helps to keep your Wi-Fi running smoothly. With this feature, you can quickly resolve all connectivity issues, including Wi-Fi issues.
- This portable tablet for note-taking has a 64GB SSD hard drive, 4GB LP DDR3 of RAM, and 15 hours of long-lasting battery life on one charge only. The slim and elegant design sets your goals anytime and anywhere.
06. Google Pixel Slate – Best Tablet For Note Taking With Stylus
|Specifications of Google Pixel Slate
|Intel Core i5-8200Y
Another amazing tablet for note-taking is Google Pixel Slate that is very popular due to its “Molecular Display”. Having a midnight blue color and sleek aluminum frame makes it one of the most attractive and elegant tablets.
Google Pixel Slate has come with a slimmer and more natural-looking bezel as compared to the Surface Pro 6 model.
Pixel slate tablet is powered by an Intel Core i5-8200Y CPU, which is the double amount of cores. In addition, this tablet has convertibility options that are supported by the magnetic build of the tablet and make the transformation from angle to angle.
Features to Look:
- 12.3 inches full touchscreen delivers very sharp display outputs than any other screen of similar size and dimensions. The credit goes to its high pixel density of 6 million and 337 nits of brightness.
- Pixel slate note-taking tablet offers two USB Type-C connections, and it also dares to get rid of its headphone jack, microSD card slot, and DisplayPort.
- Moreover, a detachable keyboard is also an additional feature, and its circular keys appear scary at first glance, but keys are remarkably smoother than you might have experienced before.
- The long-lasting battery life offers you to work for a long time without any tension of recharging.
- The stylus is also good, and 2048 levels of pressure sensitivity provide simple taps and strokes while writing, drawing, and sketching. This model has come with powerful multitasking tools such as split-screen & multi-window browsing to do anything of your desire.
- Google Pixel slate is specially made to deliver brilliant entertainment at home or working place. It offers high-quality performance, a bright crystal display, portable performance, and everything you love about Google.
07. Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-P580 – Best Samsung Tablet For Note Taking
|Specifications of Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-P580
|Android 9.0 Pie
Samsung Galaxy Tab A is an Android tablet for note-taking that has come with a stylus on a tight budget. You can enjoy the best features at an affordable price and are perfect for scrawl down your notes on the way.
However, the Samsung Galaxy Tab A may not offer some premium features, but it provides excellent value.
Buy this device and enjoy your favorite entertainment and express your best ideas with this cheap note-taking tablet.
With the help of an S pen, you can quickly draw; edit any design of your choice. You can create engaging animated GIFs and can select any video or image for posting on social media.
Features to Look:
- 10.1-inches of sizeable full HD display offers a density of 224 pixels per inch and allows you to watch everything using this Samsung Galaxy note-taking Tab. The crystal clear images and flicker-free technology delivers the best viewing experience ever before. The IPS display offers a wide range of colors and crisp details of your creations.
- The powerful Octa-core processor allows you to browse any website, Webpage, or application at a fast processing speed. However, it may not be the best performance in terms of responsiveness, but it is the best tablet for primary users.
- 14 hours of extended battery life allows you to enjoy your games, videos, and movies without recharging your tablet. You can quickly move your contacts, music, documents, and other media files to your new tablet with the help of its smart switch.
- The stylus of this best drawing and note-taking tablet is perfect for drawing and writing purposes, and it gives you excellent precision for text.
- The Samsung Galaxy Tab A supports a microSD card, which allows you to expand the memory of your device up to 256GB. You can easily store your movies, videos, documents, and music files. The built-in speakers deliver the best quality sound.
Don’t Miss To Read: Best 10-inch Tablet in 2022
08. Huawei MediaPad M5 – Best Cheap Tablet For Note Taking
|Specifications of Huawei MediaPad M5
|Huawei Kirin 659 Octa-core 2.36Gz
If you are looking for an Android tablet with having sleek and lightweight design, then here you can get the Huawei MediaPad M5 Lite Tablet. The stylish and elegant design attracts your attention to itself.
Mediapad M5 Lite is one of the thinnest and portable tablets for note-taking, and you can easily carry it in a small purse or large pockets of your jacket.
The best display and wide viewing angle offer you the opportunity to enjoy your movies and videos with crystal precise results.
This cheap tablet with a stylus has new stunning features, including crystal clear image results, battery life, fast processing speed, and the best connectivity options.
Features to Look:
- 10.1 inches of brilliant 1080p display delivers the best viewing experience with a high contrast ratio and color accuracy. With this, you will never miss even a single clip of your favorite movies and dramas. Huawei ClariVu technology allows you to enhance brightness and clarity according to your needs.
- The mid-range Android tablet has a sleek and lightweight aluminum body, which is so light, and you can easily carry it anywhere. The curves of the tablet give you a luxurious look, and you will experience spectacular hand feelings.
- Experience the powerful performance of the Huawei MediaPad M5 table because it is powered by a Kirin 659 octa-core processor having a frequency of 2.4GHz, which gives you high performance and fast processing speed.
- Moreover, the IPS LCD having resolutions of 1920 x 1200 pixels may not have an AMOLED screen but has the sharp crystal output of its display.
- Huawei MediaPad M5 note-taking tablet gives you more connectivity options, more storage, more screen for displaying, and many more features at an affordable price than any other device of the same size.
- With a 7500mAh battery, you can easily enjoy your entertainment programs and games without any tension of charging. This durable note-taking tablet takes only 3 hours to get fully charged, and after that, you can enjoy 12 hours of battery life.
- The tablet has a quad-speaker system, which delivers the best quality sound, precisely optimized concert hall audio effects, and finely tuned music.
09. Apple iPad Pro – Best Tablets For College Note Taking
|Specifications of New Apple iPad Pro
|11 inches Liquid Retina display
If you need high precision in your tablet for note-taking, then New Apple iPad Pro is the best option. The new Liquid Retina display has proved that it is the world’s most advanced display that delivers the right tone and makes everything just like magic.
New Apple iPad has come with new features, including the most stylish stylus, best quality screen, best sound quality, and many more. These features make this tablet unique and different from its competitors.
Apple has committed to deliver the best quality products to its users, so every product comes with new and stunning features. Moreover, this is one of the best tablets for note-taking and drawing.
Features to Look:
- 11-inches liquid retina display with ProMotion technology offers a wide range of colors and wide viewing angles. This tablet also provides better haptic accuracy than its competitors. Widescreen offers you a large area for either drawing or making notes.
- The Liquid Retina display gives a wide range of immersive colors and motion smoothing technology for the best quality images and videos.
- New Apple iPad is best for business use. The apple pencil delivers full pressure sensitivity & strokes while working and also offers palm rejection of the Apple pencil.
- New security options like face ID help you to secure your device and all your essential data. Ten hours of battery timing offers a long time of working throughout the day.
- Get the best typing experience on the iPad, a trackpad for the cursor in iPadOS.
- The magical keyboard and Apple pencil give you plenty of alternatives for your work and taking notes.
10. Microsoft Surface Pro X – Best Tablet For Reading And Note Taking
|Specifications of Microsoft Surface Pro X
|Qualcomm Microsoft SQ1
|Windows 10 home
Meet with Microsoft Surface Pro X, one of the best tablets for note-taking, meetings, and classes.
The surface of the tablet is painted with black paint on the chassis give you the best-built quality and makes this tablet one of the premium tablets in the market. Microsoft Surface Pro X runs on Windows, so you can say that it feels more like an ultra-slim laptop.
This tablet allows you to run full-fledged desktop software and applications as these devices are so powerful. Having a Qualcomm Microsoft SQ1 processor offers you a PC-like experience.
Features to Look:
- Enjoy three modes, like laptops with a keyboard, studio mode with Slim surface pen, and a classic tablet mode. You can use any model according to your need and comfort level.
- With the best connectivity options, you can enjoy both Wi-Fi and LTE cellular data options, and you can easily access cloud storage and websites even if the Wi-Fi network is not working.
- Microsoft Surface Pro X is powered by a Qualcomm Microsoft SQ1 processor, which is faster than any 8th generation Intel laptop and allows ARM apps to run very fast. All your favorite games and software can run smoothly.
- You will enjoy several sizes of memory from 8 to 16GB of RAM and 128 to 512GB storage so your device will never run out of space.
- 13-inches large display touchscreen delivers you the best visual experience and edge-to-edge pictures. 7.3mm thin and weighs 1.7 pounds make this note-taking tablet the perfect size for your purse. The surface signature 3:2 ratio offers you more workspace for working.
- 13 hours of extended battery life allows you to work all day without a recharge, and you can enjoy long game sessions.
What To Consider Before Buying The Best Note-Taking Tablet
The best note-taking tablets offer you a variety of stunning features that fulfill your needs. Many tablets in the market offer four different modes, and you can use any model according to your requirements such as a laptop with a keyboard, tablet mode, studio mode, and surface with a stylus.
Here are some things to consider before buying the best budget note-taking tablet.
The screen size is the most common thing to consider in a tablet. Normally, the tablet screen sizes range from 6 inches in the minimum end and up to 18.4 inches on maximum. But, most of the tablets are in the range of 7 to 10 inches.
If you prefer something lightweight and small device that you can carry with you anywhere you want, a small 7-inch tablet can be a good choice for you. You will get the iPad Mini or the 7-inch Amazon Fire tablet to fulfill your desire.
When you want something big than the 7-inch, definitely the tablets in the 10-inch range, like the iPad Air 2, provide good productivity and portability for your note-taking. This tablet size is easy to use and comparatively lighter than other sizes of devices.
For bigger, I recommend you to go after the 12.9-inch Samsung Galaxy or iPad Pro, which are less portable. But they are suitable to use as a laptop too.
The internal storage lets you keep your files, images, videos. The more amount of storage you get in a tablet, the more files you can store in it.
Moreover, the maximum of tablets offers to expand the storage through microSD cards. By the way, choose the tablet that provides at least 32GB of internal storage to store your documents easily.
It’s not a big deal to choose the note-taking tablet with the perfect OS. But still, it’s better to know about it.
The Apple iOS maybe something special for some users who like to keep them in good privacy. The latest Apple operating system provides a lot of extra features, extra flexibility, and multitasking features. But you will find the hardware options are limited with this OS, relative to the rest two OS, Android, and Windows.
When it comes to Android Tablets, you have a bunch of options in terms of software and hardware. This operating system powered by Google; releases a new update regularly to provide more and more features to its users. For a note-taking device that you want, the Andoird OS can be the best option for you.
At last, the Windows operating system, that is powered by Microsoft. This OS is much easier to use on traditional PCs. When it’s about the tablet, it’s much more seamless than before. Windows 10 offers several new features to its users such as touch-friendly windows, touch-screen gestures, and so on.
Everyone wants a long battery life from their own device. You will get many tablets in the market that can give you all-day battery life. But the most cases, the battery life can still vary greatly.
Anyway, we have found a lot of tablets that providing a good amount of battery along with a long time battery life. So, We recommend you choose a tablet that runs for at least 8 hours or more on a single charge.
There are some other features in mobile tablets that are also very important such as facial recognition and fingerprint sensors. These two factors allow you to prevent unwanted access to your device.
Choose the best portable tablet for note-taking with long-lasting battery life to do your work or enjoy your favorite games while traveling.
Styluses are a more important accessory for any tablet. The tablet’s real spirit is having great pen support for the tablet and its response to drawing. You can easily carry a lightweight and thin tablet as compared to your heavy notebooks.
Anyway, I have listed the 10 best tablets for note-taking for your guidance. I hope, you can make the best decision to buy your note-taking tablet from this list.